Tuesday 4 June 2013

Random Reads #1

Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah at I’m Loving Books.  This feature is to get us reading a random book within the month that is in our TBR stack.

So, this is a new monthly meme I've been seeing on quite a few blogs and finally decided to take part in! My Goodreads 'to-read' list is currently hovering around 640 books, that's 640 unread books in my house that I own... Let's not even talk about my Goodreads wishlist which is at over 1300 books as of today. I am doing the Off The Shelf Challenge too (and failing miserably) but thought that this might actually get me picking up books I already own! Wishful thinking? Maybe...

Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. Feel free to do more than one per month, but since a lot of people have a lot of books to read each month, only one is “required” for the meme.

Want to join in on Random Reads?


It’s easy…
  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (below). If you choose more than one book per month, be sure to put a number by your name in the list so it doesn’t look like a duplicate.
  5. Read and be merry!
Random chose number 567 for me which turned out to be -

Full Blooded - Amanda Carlson

This has only been on my 'to-read' pile since March 29th this year so it won't count for the OTS challenge but hey, it's one less book to read! Werewolves here we come...

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea! I've heard great things about this book, so happy reading!

     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 640 unread books that you actually own. That's crazy! You definitely need this challenge! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need this challenge, either that or a bigger house!

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design