Saturday 22 June 2013

Book Haul #30



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews, In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Mod Podge Bookshelf and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

I got an awful lot of books this week... The only reason I don't feel guilty? Nearly all the books I received this week were from my monthly library drop or free! I managed to be fairly good and bought just four five six books. Daughter of Smoke & Bone was a complete impulse buy, especially as I already have the hardcover but Tesco (a UK supermarket chain) have released this and Days of Blood & Starlight in softcover with such pretty covers I couldn't resist! I really need to rein myself in though so from July 1st I'm starting a 'Read 50 of your own books before you buy any more' project, I will probably fail spectacularly but wish me luck!

Bought

Daughter Of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor

The False Prince - Jennifer A Nielsen

Rebel Hearts - Moira Young

Emilie & The Hollow World - Martha Wells

Magic: Anthology of Esoteric & Arcane - ed. Jonathan Oliver

One - Leigh Ann Kopans

Netgalley

After Eden - Helen Douglas

The Returned - Jason Mott

The Weight of Souls - Bryony Pearce

Library Haul

Bitter Seeds - Ian Tregillis

Royal Street - Suzanne Johnson

New Girl - Paige Harbison

Ragnarok - A S Byatt

Stormdancer - Jay Kristoff

Low Town: Straight Razor Cure - Daniel Polansky

The Mad Scientist's Daughter - Cassandra Rose Clarke

A Tale Dark & Grimm - Adam Gidwitz

The Panopticon - Jenni Fagan

Fade To Black - Francis Knight

The Apothecary - Maile Meloy

What did you all get this week?


21 comments:

  1. I've never heard of New Girl, but it sounds quite interesting. And I have to agree with you, the Daughter of Smoke and Bone's cover was so pretty!
    I'm also looking forward to After Eden, can't wait to hear what you think about it.

    Hope you'll enjoy it all!
    Check out my STS too!

    Sincerely,
    Neysa Kristanti @ [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to check out the Dustlands series! :) Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great haul. I need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone! :-) Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tons of awesomeness! I bought Daughter of Smoke and Bone last year and STILL haven't read it, I need to remedy that soon. I really want to read One too, I love the concept of it. Hope you enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't love Rebel Heart as much as Blood Red Road but I still really enjoyed it! And Daughter of Smoke and Bone is FANTASTIC! I hope you enjoy all your new reads!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some amazing books this week. I hope you love your new books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow you got a lot of books! I also just was approved for THE RETURNED and THE WEIGHT OF SOULS, yea! SHADOWDANCER is one of my very fave books, and I also loved THE MAD SCIENTIST'S DAUGHTER. Great haul! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Daughter of Smoke and Bone cover! Great Haul!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh After Eden! Dying for that one! Going to go to Netgalley and request it right now! I still need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Hear so many wonderful things about that one. I also have Blood Red Road first book in the Dust Lands series. One looks so good too! Happy Reading! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely picked up some awesome books! I'm not sure which one I'd pick up first, but maybe The Apothecary

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some seriously AWESOME books this week! I have a few of them, but wow I need to check back with you to see whats going on! lolz
    I love your sites name too. It fits me to a "T". I am the ultimate Bookish Outsider..lolz..
    Hope you enjoy all of your awesome books and have a great rest of the weekend!
    What's On Bella's Shelf?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wauw, what a great haul! I see some very good and interesting titles :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have not read The Daughter of Smoke and Bone BUT I've heard amazing things about it so I'm hoping to pick it up and read it very soon! :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you like New Girl better than I did. The writing style really grated on me after a while.

    I LOVEEEE the UK cover of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. And I kind of hate myself because I still haven't read that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a TERRIFIC collection you have here!!! You LUCKY girl!!!

    I'm not familiar with most of these books, but will definitely check them out thoroughly on Goodreads and Amazon.

    I do own "Stormdancer", but with a different cover. I have yet to read it, though. I also own "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", also with a different cover. Now that one I've read, and it lives up to all the hype!!

    I can tell you that one book caught my eye right away. I've never seen it before, either, but I know it will be the very of the "unknowns" I'll be buying: "Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane". I've already checked it out on Goodreads. I WANT, I WANT!!!!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my haul!! Now following with GFC, Bloglovin', and Linky Followers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul this week! Enjoy Daughter of Smoke and Bone...it's one of my all-time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great stuff! A few I'm not familiar with, but several are already on my list. Thanks for the info, and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, what an awesome haul! I totally get why you bought DoSaB again - that cover is gorgeous, and it's Charles Bridge in the background so it fits the setting very well ^^
    You also got quite a few books I'd never heard of before. I just added The Straight Razor Cure to my pile. Same with The Panopticaon - I've been intrigued with that concept ever since I read Kafka and Foucault :)
    Enjoy your new books, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great haul! Daughter Of Smoke & Bone, After Eden, and A Tale Dark & Grimm look especially good. Weight of Souls is one I have to read as well this summer! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's some haul! DoSaB, Rebel Heart and The Mad Scientist's Daughter were all pretty great. I still need to read Stormdancer. I'm thinking of getting the audio. :) Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design