Saturday 29 June 2013

Book Haul #31


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

Well, this was going to be my last big splurge before starting the great book buying ban of 2013 and commencing Operation TBR but it didn't happen! Newly revised plans are to start the ban on July 7th, one last splurge next weekend whilst I'm away and Operation TBR will start as soon as I've finished this current batch of library books :)

Bought

In The After - Demtria Lunetta

Another Faust - Daniel & Dina Nayeri

Poison Apples - Lily Archer




Bought - Kindle

Living In The Dark - Rebekah Campbell
 Netgalley



Autumn - Sierra Dean



Won

Zombie Cat: Tale of a Decomposing Kitty - Isabel Atherton & Bethany Straker
Not a bad week, I managed to get Poison Apples, which has been on my wishlist for a long time, in a quirky bookshop near my sister's and Another Faust only cost me $1.50/£1 in a charity shop, not that I went in looking for books! It was meant to be a hunt for glass vases for flowers for a friends wedding.... A huge thanks to the lovely Kate for Zombie Cat, I won a copy on her blog and she has a picture book coming out in 2015 called Pierre the French Bulldog Recycles also illustrated by Bethany Straker. Zombie Cat is hilarious and in no way meant to be a picture book for children! I'm putting my copy away for double trouble to read when they're older.

What did you get this week?

21 comments:

  1. In the After! That's the book I'm intrigued with. Nice Haul! I haven't really heard much about the others, but the sound good. Happy reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious about In the After, enjoy your goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zombie Cat looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the after and Living in the dark both look great. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of books! I think I need to do my own Operation TBR, LOL!! Autumn sounds really good, I think that's the first I've heard of it. Have fun reading everything, and thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really thinking of getting in the after :) Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really curious about In the After, can't wait to see your thoughts. Happy reading!

    -Taylor @ Reading is the Thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I have In the After on my Kindle, very excited to start it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear In The After is really good. I hope you enjoy it and your other new reads!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! I heard great things about In The After, so I got myself a copy too. Happy reading :)

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I haven't heard of these, but they look good. I'm a new follower :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ~Ailsa
    The Book Bundle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had Autumn last week! It's definitely a different read. I hope you enjoy your books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard In the After was great! Thanks for dropping by my StS and happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really curious to read In the After. I hope you enjoy it, along with your other new books! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul. Happy reading :)

    following via bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm hoping to purchase in the after myself as soon as i have the funds. it sounds amazing! fantastic books this week--happy reading!

    My book haul post. I hope you can stop by.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard good things about In the After, so hopefully you'll like it! It should be a good zombie book.
    Enjoy all your books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to read In The After, it looks awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the after! Cannot wait to get that! Sounds so intriguing! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. In The After and Another Faust look great! Awesome haul!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  21. Living in the Dark looks really good. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design