Wednesday 12 June 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #29

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -



Fire & Ash (Benny Imura #4) - Jonathan Maberry @Twitter
ISBN UK - 9781471117954 
          US - 9781442439924
Publisher - UK Simon & Schuster Childrens Book
                  US  Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Expected release date - UK/US - September 26th 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

Proceed with caution, here be spoilers!

'Benny Imura and his friends have made it to Sanctuary, they've found the jet and they've discovered that civilization is struggling to regain its foothold in the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. Scientists are on the verge of finding a cure for the zombie plague. It should be time for celebration, but it's not. Benny's best friend, Chong, has been infected by an arrow dipped in the flesh of a zombie and he hovers between life and death and Dr McReady, a researcher who may have the critical formula for a cure, has gone missing. So Benny convinces Captain Ledger to mount a search and rescue mission to find the doctor and help Chong. But with the Reapers still pursuing their plan to turn all zombies into super-fast shock troops even if they can save Chong, can they save themselves? In the fourth book of the thrilling and emotionally charged Rot & Ruin series, the battle to end all battles is about to begin...' - Goodreads

I was a relative latecomer to the Benny Imura series but in my quest for good zombie stories someone recommended Jonathan Maberry and I requested the first book, Rot & Ruin, at the library. I was hooked! I've now read all three books available plus the prequel & shorts that fit between each book, check the reading order here! I'm so excited to see what happens next to Benny & co!

What's your WoW this week?

8 comments:

  1. Of course I haven't read any of the other books...but this one looks really tempting. Great cover and blurb.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, cool choice. I like the sound of this.

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such great things about Rot and Ruin, and about this author in general, really. So I will definitely have to pick up the first book of this series sometime soon! <3

    Lovely pick!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read the first book in this series so far, but I loved it. Glad to know that it's still an ongoing series!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I've been meaning to start this series because it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed this series -- zombies before zombies were cool. And I do like how the covers are all fitting together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't started this series, but I keep seeing it everywhere, so I really need to get on that! Great choice!

    Here's my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting cover! I haven't read too many zombie book this sounds like a cool read. Thanks for sharing & thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design