Wednesday 26 June 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #31

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Witchfall (Meg Lytton #2) Victoria Lamb @Twitter
ISBN - 9780552566186
Publisher - Corgi Childrens
Expected release date - July 4th 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

Here be spoilers, 'tis book two in a series!

'London, 1554. At the court of Mary Tudor, life is safe for no one. The jealous, embittered queen sees enemies all around her, and the infamous Spanish Inquisition holds the court in its merciless grip. But Meg Lytton has more reason to be afraid than most - for Meg is a witch, and exposure would mean certain death. Even more perilous, Meg is secretly betrothed to the young priest Alejandro de Castillo; a relationship which they must hide at all costs.

In the service of the queen's sister, Princess Elizabeth, Meg tries to use her powers to foretell her mistress's future. But when a spell goes terribly wrong, and Meg begins to have horrifying dreams, she fears she has released a dark spirit into the world, intent on harming her and those around her.'
- Goodreads


I cannot wait for this one! Having loved Witchstruck I am excited to see what happens next to Meg and Alejandro. Only eight days to go!

What's your WoW this week?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the series before, but it sounds like a perfect mixture of historical and paranomal. I like that. Great pick, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW, and I'm celebrating my bloggoversary with a giveaway, so come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cover and enticing blurb. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of the series before seeing your post, but I really love the cover and I think the blurb sounds interesting.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post.
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either book before, but this makes me want to check out the first one! Great pick! And thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i haven't heard of the meg lytton series but i haven't a historical book in a while. will definitely keep this series in mind.

    check out my WoW

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this book before, so thanks for sharing! Just looking at the cover sends chills down my spine. XD I hope you'll come visit me at
    my WOW
    .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you're lucky only 8 days til yours comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one but will definitely be checking it out.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't realize that this book is a series. Love the cover.
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design