Wednesday 5 June 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #28

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


The Testing - Joelle Charbonneau @Twitter
ISBN UK - 9781848776531
          US - 9780547959108
Publisher UK - Templar Publishing
                US - Houghton Mifflin Books For Children
Expected release date UK - August 1st 2013
                                    US - Out now!
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Isn’t that what they say? But how close is too close when they may be one in the same?

The Seven Stages War left much of the planet a charred wasteland. The future belongs to the next generation’s chosen few who must rebuild it. But to enter this elite group, candidates must first pass The Testing—their one chance at a college education and a rewarding career.

Cia Vale is honored to be chosen as a Testing candidate; eager to prove her worthiness as a University student and future leader of the United Commonwealth. But on the eve of her departure, her father’s advice hints at a darker side to her upcoming studies--trust no one.

But surely she can trust Tomas, her handsome childhood friend who offers an alliance? Tomas, who seems to care more about her with the passing of every grueling (and deadly) day of the Testing. To survive, Cia must choose: love without truth or life without trust.'
- Goodreads


This is a) a kind of cheating WoW because although I really, really couldn't wait to read it I do now have an ARC of The Testing kindly sent to me by the UK publisher and b) more of a UK WoW because The Testing came out in the US yesterday! The picture above is the UK cover, the one below is the US cover, not sure which one I prefer as they're both good covers...

 
What are you waiting for this week?




7 comments:

  1. This one does sound awesome! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an ARC of this for a while, but haven't brought myself to read it yet. Not sure why that is. I hope you enjoy it!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read this, too. I have a copy ordered at the library. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wooowww. I think I will really like this book! Thanks for sharing it, it sounds amazing.

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious about this one, but have yet to read any reviews. Reminds me a lot of The Hunger Games. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to stop by my bog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know which one I prefer either, but I like the look of both!
    Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design