Wednesday 29 January 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #61 - Dark Days

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Dark Days - Kate Ormand
ISBN - 9781628735949
Publisher - Sky Pony Press
Expected release date - June 3rd 2014
Find - Goodreads/BookLikes/Book Depository/AmazonUK/AmazonUS

'The future world has been divided into sectors--each the same as the other. Surrounded by thick steel fences, there is no way in and no way out. Yet a cyborg army penetrates each sector, picking off its citizens one by one, until no one is left. Behind the sectors' thick walls, the citizens wait to die. Few will be chosen to survive what's coming; the rest will be left behind to suffer. A new world has been created, and its rulers are incredibly selective on who will become a citizen. They want only those with important roles in society to help create a more perfect future.

Sixteen-year-old Sia lives in one of the sectors as part of a family that is far too ordinary to be picked to live. According to the digital clock that towers high above her sector, she has only fifteen days to live. Sia has seen the reports and knows a horrific death is in store for her, but she is determined to make the most of her final days. Sia refuses to mourn her short life, instead promising herself that she'll stay strong, despite being suffocated by her depressed mother and her frightened best friend. Just when Sia feels more alone than ever, she meets Mace, a mysterious boy. There is something that draws Sia to him, despite his dangerousness, and together, they join a group of rebels and embark on an epic journey to destroy the new world and its machines, and to put an end to the slaughter of innocent people.'
- Goodreads


I'm so excited about this one! I'm a big fan of Kate's blog and I follow her on Twitter. As well as Dark Days she's also written - as Kate Louise - a picture book about a bulldog called Pierre (due to be published next year) and one about an upside-down fish (due later this year). Apart from loving that gorgeous cover I'm intrigued by the plot and can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

9 comments:

  1. The concept sounds good. Adding this to my pile. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only found out about it not so long ago, sounds amazing, and the cover <3 Great pick! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard oabout this book but it sounds interesting.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard about this one before, but it does sound pretty good. I'll add it to my tbr :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one. Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one before, like everyone else. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this one before, but I'm now adding it to TBR list! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this one but how is the one your currently reading, The Holders?? I've been curious about that one.
    Check my WoW our ~ http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com/
    Thanks and Happy Reading xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one either but it sounds pretty good. i'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design