Wednesday 15 January 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #59 - Stolen Songbird

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy #1) - Danielle L Jensen
ISBN - 9781908844965
Publisher - Strange Chemistry
Expected release date - April 1st 2014
Find - Goodreads/Book Depository

For those who have loved Seraphina and Graceling comes another truly fabulous fantasy...

'For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.

But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.

As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.'
- Goodreads


Strange Chemistry and Angry Robot come out with some amazing books and 2014 looks like it's going to be another year full of some wonderful titles including Stolen Songbird which I'd like now please :)

8 comments:

  1. Just added this to my TBR list. Good pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witches, count me in for sure. Sounds great! Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not seen this anywhere before and it looks like exactly my sort of book. So thanks for featuring!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a fondness for witches....thanks for sharing. Here's MY WEDNESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one! I love the cover and it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want this now, haha. It's just...the cover <3, even if it didn't sound amazing. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! This one's a popular WoW this week. I love the cover and can't wait to read this one! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Second time I've seen this one! I've added it to my TBR list, good pick! :)

    Denise @ Dandelionn Wine Book BlogMy WoW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design