Saturday 11 January 2014

Book Haul #59


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

Yes, it's a book haul post. Yes, I said last week I wouldn't be getting any more books for the foreseeable future unless it was bought with a gift certificate, from the library and/or a review copy. Well, I caved and spent gift certificate I had that I was going to try to hang on to but I had book buying withdrawal symptoms! It was nice to walk into a bookstore and leave with books without handing over any cash!

Bought

Anne of Green Gables

The Island of Doctor Moreau

The War of the Worlds
I needed a new copy of Anne of Green Gables for reading as my original copy is looking a bit battered, it was a gift from my wonderful mum and one of the first books I actually remember going to the bookshop to buy. I have read most of H G Wells' books but fell in love with these gorgeous Penguin covers and therefore couldn't resist! And that's my haul - no review books, no freebies and no real money spent! So far, so good. Only another 354 days left to go, it's going to be a long year...

19 comments:

  1. I haven't read Anne of Green Gables in years. I like the cover for those editions that you showed. I remember that they had done a series on Disney a few years back. Excellent haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know this book. But if you bought it for a second time, it should be good.
    Enjoy re-reading it.

    My STS
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover for Anne of Green Gables. It's gorgeous!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Anne of Green Gables soon. I'm looking forward to reading it. I haven't read it before! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These Penguin covers are indeed gorgeous! Love them:) Especially the pink one. Oh and Anne of Green Gables was one of my favorites as a kid. Yay for all of these pretties! Have a great weekend:)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that edition of Anne of Green Gables! The cover is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Anne of Green Gables since I was in elementary school. I probably should read it again because I don't remember much about the story. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!!

    Here is my STS: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/stacking-shelves-beautiful-dreams-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Anne of Green Gables! I think that's one of the few series that I have completed. :D The new cover is gorgeous <3 Have a great weekend! :)

    My STS :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful edition of Anne if Green Gables! I want one :) I love the new Penguin Classics covers, I ordered a whole new set for our classics section in the library. I hope you enjoy all of them :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are such pretty covers! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those Penguin editions! I may have to cave and get a couple for myself soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely! I could quite happily buy every single one in that range but I definitely don't have room do do that!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  12. Those covers are gorgeous, especially the HG Wells one! I've only read The Time Machine by him...it was definitely interesting. Happy reading. :)
    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the covers, I hope you enjoy them!

    Check our STS

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing, hope you enjoy them all!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these editions! I've read War of the Worlds, but sadly not the first two (even though I know they're classics). Enjoy them! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Of Green Gables is AWESOME! Love that book :-) The others sound interesting......Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS

    ReplyDelete
  17. You lasted longer than I would've with that gift certificate ;). I have the globe cover of TWotW, I want that one now, I'll probably cave in a few weeks and get it, haha. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I loved the Anne of Green Gables books! Hope you enjoy.
    ~Ailsa
    My Letterbox Love post

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design