Wednesday 21 January 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #105 - Voyage of the Basilisk


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Voyage of the Basilisk (Lady Trent's Memoirs #3) - Marie Brennan
ISBN - 9780765331984
Publisher - Tor
Expected release date - March 1 2015

'Devoted readers of Lady Trent’s earlier memoirs, A Natural History of Dragons and The Tropic of Serpents, may believe themselves already acquainted with the particulars of her historic voyage aboard the Royal Survey Ship Basilisk, but the true story of that illuminating, harrowing, and scandalous journey has never been revealed - until now. Six years after her perilous exploits in Eriga, Isabella embarks on her most ambitious expedition yet: a two-year trip around the world to study all manner of dragons in every place they might be found. From feathered serpents sunning themselves in the ruins of a fallen civilization to the mighty sea serpents of the tropics, these creatures are a source of both endless fascination and frequent peril. Accompanying her is not only her young son, Jake, but a chivalrous foreign archaeologist whose interests converge with Isabella’s in ways both professional and personal.

Science is, of course, the primary objective of the voyage, but Isabella’s life is rarely so simple. She must cope with storms, shipwrecks, intrigue, and warfare, even as she makes a discovery that offers a revolutionary new insight into the ancient history of dragons.
'
- Goodreads

This should be fairly self-explanatory! I love Marie Brennan's writing and the Lady Trent Memoirs are some of my most favorite books. I'm beyond excited that there is a third 'memoir' coming and can't wait to get my hands on a copy although I could have passed away quietly when pre-ordering as it's one of the most expensive books I've bought for a while.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the introduction, I've never heard of Marie Brennan. I guess I better start with book one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read this series. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another series languishing on my TBR list. :)

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the first two books around. They sound interesting. I hope you enjoy! =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read A Natural History of Dragons for like two years now lol! It sounded so interesting! I'm glad the series has continued! Great pick this week :) Check out my WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds AMAZING. Awesome WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design