Wednesday 7 January 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #103 - The Arctic Code


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


The Arctic Code (Dark Gravity Sequence #1) - Matthew J Kirby
ISBN - 9780062224873
Publisher - Balzer & Bray
Expected release date - April 28 2015

Perfect for fans of the Percy Jackson and Seven Wonders series, The Arctic Code is the first book in an epic, fast-paced middle grade adventure trilogy by acclaimed author Matthew J. Kirby.

'It is the near future, and the earth has entered a new ice age. Eleanor Perry lives in Tucson, one of the most popular destinations for refugees of the Freeze. She is the daughter of a climatologist who is trying to find new ways to preserve human life on the planet. Dr. Perry believes that a series of oil deposits she has found in the Arctic may hold the key to our survival. That's when she disappears - but not before sending Eleanor a series of cryptic messages that point to a significant and mysterious discovery. Now it's up to Eleanor to go find her.

This search will launch Eleanor on a breathless race to unlock the mysteries of what has happened to our planet, solving the riddle of the cold that could be humanity's end - and uncovering a threat to the earth that may not be of this world.'
- Goodreads


A middle grade choice this week but having loved Matthew Kirby's YA Clockwork Three I'm looking forward to reading this one. If it's as good as Percy Jackson then it should be pretty fantastic!

6 comments:

  1. I really don't read middle grade books, but I hope will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, Hope it's great for you! Thanks for coming by my blog,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the adorable cover! There's something about MG covers that makes me want to read ALL of them, but I don't usually have time to read MG. Maybe I'll make an exception for this one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't tend to read Middle Grade often because I find the confines somewhat frustrating but this one sounds really good. I might have to pick this one up for my kids.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, Fi, and these days I am more into mature characters. This does seem sweet though, and so I may add it to my TBR for a day when I want to read something a little 'younger' :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this one before. I don't read a lot of middle grade. I do like to once in a while, though. Hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design