Saturday 31 January 2015

Book Haul #99


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews where we can share what new books we've picked up this past week be they bought, borrowed or downloaded. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

Last book haul post of the month and I have to say I'm impressed with myself! I haven't bought a book for 31 days... I don't know how I managed it but I have and both my bank balance & my bookshelves are thanking me! I'm sure a lot of it has do with the amazing review titles I've got this month and the great books I've picked up from the library have helped too. I'm wondering how February is going to go when I start my plan to ease way back on browsing Netgalley/Edelweiss which will (hopefully) cut my number of requests down to zero and allow me to catch up on the stupid number of books I have to read from both. I somehow managed to avoid both of them this week but that was mostly because I was away and so not sitting at my computer or using my tablet! Next week? Might be a different story.

A small haul today, a book that I won from one of the challenges in Bout of Books 12 and a couple of review books that I can't wait to read!

Won

Dust Girl
For Review

Uprooted

A School For Unusual Girls

9 comments:

  1. I'm definitely impressed with your book buying restraint, I could never be that good. I have a book buying sickness and working in a bookstore doesn't help. I got A School for Unusual Girls last week, it sounds really good. But Uprooted is new to me...nice! Enjoy your books and happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started working in a bookstore I don't think I saw any of my salary for the first year! I have had to learn to be restrained otherwise no roof over my head :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. SO jealous you have A school for unusual girls!! I really want to read that book! *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the books I was really looking forward to this year so was very excited to get a copy!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Uprooted looks interesting. I thought about snagging the ARC, but I've got way too much to read as it is.

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too much to read as well but I was too impatient to wait until June. I tried to resist clicking but that lasted all of 3 seconds!

      Delete
  4. These books are all so new to me! I'm gonna add this to my to be read list for sure! :)
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got The School for Unusual Girls last week. Can't wait to read it! Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books you have here! :) And some of them I added on my tbr too. Happy reading and hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/02/stacking-shelves-25.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design