Monday 5 January 2015

Bout of Books 12 Day 1 Update

Hurrah! It's Bout of Books time! Although I'll be honest and admit that I only remembered yesterday afternoon...

I started my BoB just after midnight by managing 25 pages of

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7171637-clockwork-angel?ac=1

followed by the longest uninterrupted sleep I've had in a long time! I've been grocery shopping this morning so I have lots of salad and food that doesn't require much cooking along with some snacks and a caramel macchiato. I've got to book some travel tickets and then the rest of the afternoon is mine for reading, well until about 5.30pm.

Progress

Number of pages I've read today: 500
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
 
Challenges

Bookish Scavenger Hunt


 Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:

1. Find an author with the same initials as you - Not done, authors with FC anyone?  
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it - Dead Ever After
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it - Cassandra Clare
4. Find a book with a female protagonist - Cinder
5. Find the longest book you own - A Game of Thrones
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it - Maps
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated) - The Liar's Chair
 
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.




Face cream, my Hobbit quote postcard and my giggling kritter all live on the bookshelves above my desk, along with various other bits & bobs!



6 comments:

  1. Ha! Using Maps is just perfect! Love your finds - I can't think of an author with those initials either. :( Thanks for playing along!
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding an author with the initials FC has proved to be impossible sadly :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Starting small on day 2 with a 120 page book :)

      Delete
  3. Nope, couldn't find an FC author either. :) You are unique. Glad you had a great first day. Here's how my Day One ended up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to be the first author with FC initials then! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design