Saturday 10 January 2015

Bout of Books 12 Day 6

 http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/bout-of-books-12-day-6.html

Day 6 of Bout of Books 12 and rather than slowing down on my reading, as I thought yesterday, I had a sleepless night so decided to read

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/666427579

No pun intended! I finished it about 5am and picked up The Lottery and Other Stories to read (part of my Shirley Jackson reread this year). I might put that to one side though as I want to take my time and pick up either the Jodi Picoult or Elly Griffiths books I have from the library which need to go back next week.

Progress

Number of pages I've read today: 400
Total number of pages read: 2207
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 8

Challenges

Literary Quote Challenge hosted by Gone with the Words

I love this opening paragraph of The Lottery because it makes everything seem so innocuous and nobody has any idea of what's about to happen

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You've made some great progress! It's amazing that you've read 8 books so far! Kudos!
    Beth from fuelledbyfiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This has been my best Bout of Books ever and I've really enjoyed reading this week :)

      Delete
  2. Glad see someone else read a book a day. Lately reading has help me sleep.
    http://idahobluebird50.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're doing so well! 400 pages in one day! Glad to hear you had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design