Wednesday 28 August 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #40 - Bellman & Black

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

UK Cover

US Cover
Bellman & Black - Diane Setterfield
UK ISBN - 9781409128014
US ISBN - 9781476711959
UK Publisher - Orion
US Publisher - Emily Bestler Books/Atria
UK Release date - October 10th 2013
US Release date - November 5th 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

'As a boy, William Bellman commits one small, cruel act: killing a bird with his slingshot. Little does he know the unforeseen and terrible consequences of the deed, which is soon forgotten amidst the riot of boyhood games. By the time he is grown, with a wife and children of his own, William seems to be a man blessed by fortune—until tragedy strikes and the stranger in black comes. Then he starts to wonder if all his happiness is about to be eclipsed. Desperate to save the one precious thing he has left, William enters into a rather strange bargain, with an even stranger partner, to found a decidedly macabre business.' - Goodreads

I have been waiting for another Diane Setterfield book since the second I finished The Thirteenth Tale and now that's almost here I'm utterly terrified I won't like it... What I do know is that I love the UK cover! I like the US cover but I'm glad I'm getting the UK one, it's almost Poe-like :)

What are you desperately waiting for this week?

8 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this book before, but it does sound interesting. I hope you get your hands on it :) Thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I honestly like both cover, but UK edition would win if I had to pick one :) I hope you get it soon and you'll like it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I LOVED The Thirteenth Tale and I'm so happy you featured this book because I've been looking forward to another Setterfield book as well! I agree - the UK cover is awesome. I may have to get that one simply because. I love the Poe-ness, too. GREAT choice. : )

    Jessie at Jessie Marie Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Thirteenth Tale was incredible. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

    See what else I'm waiting on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does look very tempting....thanks for sharing. Here's
    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Bellman Black. Great choice.
    What I'm Waiting For...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on my tbr list as well. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound very mysterious and creepy, I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design