Wednesday 14 August 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #38

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland And Cut The Moon In Two - Catherynne M Valente 
ISBN - 9781250023506
Publisher - Feiwel & Friends
Expected release date - October 1st 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

'September misses Fairyland and her friends Ell, the Wyverary, and the boy Saturday. She longs to leave the routines of home, and embark on a new adventure. Little does she know that this time, she will be spirited away to the moon, reunited with her friends, and find herself faced with saving Fairyland from a moon-Yeti with great and mysterious powers.' - Goodreads

Yay, I'm so excited for this one! I'll admit I love most of Catherynne Valente's work anyway but the Fairyland books are so fantastic I buy copies for lots of people - whether they want them or not! Thankfully there's no hideously long wait, good news!

What are you waiting for this week?


8 comments:

  1. I've heard many great things about this series and I like to read middle grade books once in a while. Thanks for recommendation, I'll add it on my to-read list :)

    Here’s my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this series before so thanks for sharing :)

    Old follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-60-naturals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to start on this series, but I'm pretty surprised by all the awesome reviews I've seen for it! Great pick, Fi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing great things about this series... I guess I need to check them out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Stop by my giveaway if you have a moment!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I have been meaning to start this series (I swear, I always say that- too many books!) I also need to get my daughter to read this- I know she'd love it. Thanks for sharing- and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read the first book in this series, but it is on my TBR. I was actually just thinking that I bet it would be a good audiobook for my commute. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks awesome! I was going to read the first one just because of its title haha. Awesome pick!

    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I've seen this book around before and heard really good things about it. I keep thinking that it's maybe a series? Haha I could definitely be wrong. :P Nice choice and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design