Saturday 3 August 2013

Book Haul #36


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

Well, it's quite surprising/scary how many books you can buy in a couple of days knowing that this is your last chance for a long time! I definitely went book crazy - in all formats, there was a very dangerous Kindle sale! On the other hand I haven't spent anything on books since August 1st so Operation TBR is off to a good start. Here is what found its way into the house this week... Last but not least, a huge thank you to the book fairy - otherwise known as Caroline from Strange Chemistry!

Bought

Emperor of Thorns - Mark Lawrence


Death Watch - Ari Berk

All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill

Libriomancer - Jim C Hines

Broken Homes - Ben Aaronovitch

Spellbound - Blake Charlton




Bought - Kindle

Vengeance - Ian Irvine

Earth Girl - Janet Edwards

Stung - Bethany Wiggins

The Bone Dragon - Alexia Casale

Forgive My Fins - Tera Lynn Childs

Gemini Rising - Eleanor Wood

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa



Kindle Freebies

The Choice (The Returned 0.7) - Jason Mott

Cycles - Lois D Brown



ARC's

Skulk - Rosie Best



Netgalley

Fortunately, the Milk - Neil Gaiman

The Screaming Staircase - Jonathan Stroud

The Woken Gods - Gwenda Bond

When The World Was Flat (And We Were In Love) - Ingrid Jonach


 So, that was my last mammoth haul for a while! What did you get this week?

9 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get to Libriomancer but I never seem to have the time. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY enjoyed The Eternity Cure! I liked it even more than the first book, actually, and can't wait to read the third. And I picked up When the World Was Flat (And We Were in Love) since my last StS, too! I'm going to be reading it next and can't wait to start it. It sounds really unique.

    Happy reading!

    My StS post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul - I'm reading Emperor of Thorns myself right now, with Jim Hines on the horizon.

    Mine's a small one this week, but definitely full of variety - check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Our Yesterdays sounds so amazing. I hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All Our Yesterdays, The Bone Dragon, and a new Jonathan Stroud book... I am SERIOUSLY jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Our Yesterdays has been receiving great reviews! Hopefully, you'll enjoy it too!
    Happy reading! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you bought Death Watch. It's one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stung wasn't my favorite read, but I have to say I'm loving this new cover design for it. Happy reading!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Haul! All Our yesterdays is on my TBR list, as is Jonathan Stroud's new series. Libriomancer looks really good and is now on my want-to-read list. Thanks! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design