Tuesday 27 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #21 - Most Memorable Secondary Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

 Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters

I loved this topic! For some reason it's always more minor characters that tend to stick in my brain after finishing a book. Anyway, here's my Top Ten Thirteen Secondary Characters with a slight bit of overkill when it comes to characters from Harry Potter and Discworld!

Neville Longbottom & Luna Lovegood - Harry Potter

I have four characters I love from Harry Potter, Neville and Luna are two of them and the other appear further down my list. I love Neville, in fact Harry Potter could quite easily have been about him given the similarities in their lives. I love Luna for no other reason than that's she's slightly off the wall, a bit like me!

Pam - Sookie Stackhouse

Pam was one of my favorite characters in the Sookie Stackhouse books and also in True Blood, so unfriendly but always there when needed!

Fritz - Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Everyone needs a Fritz, he is the one person that keeps the Brothers going but never gets in on any of the action. If they were to make a television show of BDB I have absolutely no idea who would play Fritz but as a nice twist it should be someone devilishly handsome and distinguished, shame George probably wouldn't be up for it...

The Librarian - Discworld


It's not his fault he's in a permanent bad mood, he never asked to be turned into an Orangutan! In my top ten list of favorite Discworld characters, because he's a Librarian!

Mary and Kitty Bennett - Pride & Prejudice

Let's face it, the entire novel centers around the two oldest and the youngest - middle children always get left out! I'd like to know more about Mary and Kitty, and what happened to them after their elder sisters advantageous marriages.

Cinna - The Hunger Games

Cinna sounded just like Lenny Kravitz in my head when I was reading the books, so he pips Haymitch and Effie for the race to be included in my list!

Fred and George Weasley - Harry Potter


Because who doesn't love these two? I prefer them in their floppy hair phase rather than their just left school look but they add much needed humor to some sad occasions...

Seth - Twilight

This will be one of very few occasions where I willingly mention Twilight and an even rarer occasion that I mention one of the wolves! I like Twilight, I didn't/don't like the wolves but Seth stuck out because he seemed one of the most genuine characters in the whole series with no hidden agenda or weird need to kill Bella.

Death of Rats and Quoth the Raven - Discworld

The only aspect of Death that is allowed to have a separate existence officially sanctioned by Death. I suppose only being able to communicate through other people's minds has to do something with it, along with the fact the Grim Squeaker only has three words in his vocabulary... Quoth the Raven is his constant companion and occasional transport, a nod to Poe automatically makes him a favorite!

Who are your favorite secondary characters? Leave me links as I'd love to know!







9 comments:

  1. Great TTT idea! I love the inclusion of Cinna. I absolutely love his character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Harry Potter books have a lot of great secondary characters, I got Fred and George on my list, but Neville, Luna or Snape would deserve it too!

    My Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to include Snape too but thought my list was already quite heavy on Harry Potter characters!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I had included Cinna, he's such a great character, and even if I was opposite of you - I was scared to watch the movie because Lenny was playing him (although I'm a HUGE fan of his) - and I ended up loving him even more.

    Great list!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was his voice I could hear as I read the books so I was pretty chuffed when they cast him and I'm a huge fan too!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Cinna! Lenny Kravitz as Cinna was definitively one of my favourite things about the film I have to say... great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including Seth from the Twilight Saga! Your description of him made me laugh. I included Jacob on my list, but most other Twilight characters annoy me.
    Great list!
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design