Thursday 22 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Wednesday Update


Wednesday, what a day! Started off well with not one but two books begging to be read - Death & Co by D J McCune and Insignia by S J Kincaid. Started both and then I hit what can only be described as a wall... After reading roughly twenty pages from both I put them down and didn't read a thing all afternoon! Personally, I blame this -


A scone with black cherry jam & clotted cream for lunch, bought by my father as a thank you for cleaning the downstairs hall carpet - why I was in agony on Tuesday! - but it put me into some sort of sugar coma. About 5pm I decided to try again and picked up The Hex Factor by Harriet Goodwin, all 192 pages of it, and finished it. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it and it definitely didn't encourage me to pick up another book last night so I went to bed very early ie. before midnight. Those who know me know that never happens unless I'm sick or at my sister's house. I'm also completely failing with the challenges! I promise to try better for the rest of the week :)

Wednesday

Number of pages I've read today: 232
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 4

Books: Debutantes - Cora Harrison
           Jewel of Atlantis - Gena Showalter
           Someone Else's Fairy Tale - E M Tippett
           The Hex Factor - Harriet Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design