Tuesday 6 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #18 - Books I Wish Had Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Nine Books I Wish Had Sequels

This was a tough one, I don't seem to have read many stand-alone books recently so I'm not so sure about this list. Poison, sadly, will be a stand-alone novel for obvious reasons but the rest I wasn't finished with the characters/world and want/demand more! Also, The Disappeared is cheating a bit as I've just found out there is a sequel but it's not until next year and I want it now...

We Have Always Lived In The Castle - Shirley Jackson

If You Find Me - Emily Murdoch

Brightly Woven - Alexandra Bracken

Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen

Poison - Bridget Zinn

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

The Disappeared - C J Harper

I Capture The Castle - Dodie Smith

Golden - Jessi Kirby
What's on your list??? Sequel lover or stand-alone fan?



11 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I definitely agree with Pride & Prejudice! I'm not sure it gets much better than that, you know?! But more Darcy and Lizzie...sold!

    I'm your 1400th follower via GFC and your newest follower on Bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! I'll freely admit to reading P&P sequels, rewrites and pretty much anything but it's just not the same. A sequel would/might have worked if it was Ms. Austen but P&P still remains one of my favorite books of all time :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for The Book Thief! I wanted to know more about Max and what happened to him. He kind of became a side character when he wasn't even mentioned in the epilogue (from what I remember). I have yet to finish Pride and Prejudice. I know I know, a friend already exclaimed to me "But it's Lizzy!" so I should probably get on that!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy Emperor of Thorns!

    Cheers,
    Savindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I agree with P&P and the Book thief, I'd love to read more about their world and characters:)

    TTT @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally read a sequel to Poison or The Book Thief! Great list!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this list very hard too. I would read a sequel to The Book Thief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golden made my list, too. I'd love to follow Parker into her post high school years. I would have loved a sequel to P&P, but only if Jane wrote it. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I would definitely be down for more Darcy & Elizabeth. A P&P sequel would make me super happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Capture the Castle! Have you seen the movie adaptation? It's a rare one where I think they both did the book justice and made it better. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fi, I almost included If You Find Me. I was pretty satisfied with the ending, but Lyn wasn't and I am surprised it didn't make her list, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If You Find Me was one of my 5-star books this year, and I was going to include it on this list. But I had so much hope for Carey and Nessa at the end, and I think they're going to be OK. :) Really, I just want to read whatever Emily Murdoch writes next.

    Thanks for visiting!
    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design