Tuesday 20 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #20 - What Makes Book Blogging Better!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Things That Make Book Blogging Easier/Better

I've mainly gone with the 'better' part of this week's topic as these things certainly do make my bookish life far better but there is also an 'easier' on my list!

Goodreads - goes without saying!

The library - free books! Considering I'm on a more or less permanent book buying ban for the next 50 years this definitely makes life better.

Book Signings - I love being able to go to signings/reading and meet authors, getting to tell them I loved their book is an amazing thing! Every signing I've been to has been fantastic but I've also been to one not-so-good signing, there were two people signing and one of said people couldn't even be bothered to make eye contact or say hello - as I'd traveled over 100 miles by train I was not impressed.

Netgalley/Edelweiss - I'm not going to lie... These two sites are like book crack for me!

Authors & Publishers - I've met/talked to some lovely authors and publishing folk both in my career as a bookseller and as part of my blogging life. I'd just like to say thank you for being such lovely people :)

Amazon Prime - this is a luxury but it's one I started when I was sick and unable to leave the house so I've got used to having it I can't quite bring myself to cancel it...

Bookish People - the best thing about being a book blogger is that you get to meet people who are just as crazy about books as you are and understand all your bookish quirks & foibles without saying a word!

Fantastic Fiction - before there was Goodreads there was Fantastic Fiction, I still use it now and recommend it to people all the time!

Reading Journals - I have kept a reading journal since I was 13 - that was a long time ago, too long to even bear thinking about - but I only have journals going back to 2004. The rest were lost in my 12th or 13th house move and I was distraught for years over losing them. Seriously though, keep a written journal - it's so nice to flick through the pages every now & then.

Google Calendar - even with this I still forget what I'm doing sometimes. Everyone should use a calendar/planner, it makes reading and blogging much simpler and I always - nearly always - know what I need to be doing in the near future.

What's made your blogging easier/better?


3 comments:

  1. Great answers! I haven't seen some of these on other people's lists. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List! What do you write in your reading journals?

    Here is my TTT: http://thebigbookbinge.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-things-that-make-our-lives-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally forgot to add book signings and authors to my list! I mean DUH! of course they make reading easier!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design