Monday 19 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Monday Update!

So, Bout of Books 8.0 is under way and the first thing I did... was leave the house! It was grocery shopping day and no avoiding it but I did come home with a book, with a very gorgeous exclusive to Tesco cover, Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. Completely against the rules of Operation TBR, especially as I own the hardback version already but hey, it's pretty!


I did get stuck into a book when I got home, though not one on my list! I've started and finished Debutantes by Cora Harrison - Downton Abbey-like YA, good but not amazing - and started Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter (also not on my list, somehow I get the feeling I'll be reading nothing from that!)

Monday


Number of pages I've read today: 400
Number of books read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1

Books: Debutantes - Cora Harrison


Challenges

Bookish Bucket List @ Sarah Says Read

Visit Shakespeare & Co in Paris

Visit Hay-on-Wye whilst the book festival is on, not just before it or just after it!

Open my own bookshop!

Visit the New York Public Library

Build my own home library!

Pairathon @ Book Pairing

Lavender lemonade, Galaxy Counters & Jewel of Atlantis - perfect combination!

4 comments:

  1. not bad for a first day don't worry and i never make a specific list because i always pick something else so i only decided some genre not title

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make a list every time and never stick to it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a good first day. I think your summary for Debutantes sums up the book perfectly. Hope today is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great first day! I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up going off pile this week - I gather up a great big pile of books to read from then ignore it! I've heard that Jewel of Atlantis is a great read, so I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design