Thursday 5 June 2014

YALC Reading Challenge

Next month sees the first ever Young Adult Literature Convention in the UK and I'm going!!! There's a vast array of authors including Rainbow Rowell, Patrick Ness and dozens of others that I can''t wait to meet/hear talk/get books signed by. In honor of this auspicious occasion Jess of Jess Hearts Books, Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea, Carly at Writing from the Tub and Michelle at Fluttering Butterflies are hosting a YALC read-a-thon at the end of this month which I've decided to join. A lot of the authors attending are already firm favorites of mine but I've decided to go crazy and try & read a book by every single one by the time YALC starts. Given that the read-a-thon is only a week long I'm not that crazy so I'll stick to reading books by the authors that I haven't read, looking at the list it might be too many to read in a week. I may cheat slightly and start reading now, I have a handful of books by the marked authors already so will read them first and hit the library for the rest in time for the read-a-thon! Below is a list of the authors attending, the ones I haven't read are marked in red, the ones marked in purple are authors whose books I own but have never read and all will have a book title next to them which will be what I'm reading :)

  • Malorie Blackman
  • Holly Black
  • James Dawson
  • Sally Gardner
  • Sally Green
  • Matt Haig
  • Isobel Harrop
  • Charlie Higson
  • Will Hill
  • Derek Landy
  • Sophie McKenzie
  • Patrick Ness
  • Natasha Ngan - The Elites
  • Meg Rosoff
  • Darren Shan
  • Holly Smale
  • Jonathan Stroud
  • Ruth Warburton
  • Holly Bourne
  • Tanya Byrne
  • Alexia Casale - The Bone Dragon
  • Lucy Christopher
  • Cat Clarke
  • Steve Cole
  • Sarah Crossan
  • Kim Curran
  • Phil Earle
  • Ian Edginton
  • Garen Ewing
  • Frances Hardinge
  • Catherine Johnson
  • Nick Lake
  • Andy Lane
  • Julie Mayhew
  • Sarra Manning
  • Amy McCulloch
  • Anthony McGowan
  • Sarah McIntyre
  • Robert Muchamore
  • Beth Reekles
  • Tim O'Rourke
  • Bryony Pearce
  • Non Pratt - Trouble
  • Andy Robb
  • Rainbow Rowell
  • Lucy Saxon
  • Marcus Sedgwick
  • C J Skuse
  • James Smythe
  • Emma Vieceli


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I wish I lived in the UK to go to the convention. A lot of my favourite authors are there! Hope you enjoy it!! :)

    Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design