Wednesday 18 June 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #81 - The Seventh Miss Hatfield

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Seventh Miss Hatfield - Anna Caltabiano
ISBN -
Publisher - Gollancz
Expected release date - July 17 2014

'Rebecca, a 15-year-old American, isn't entirely happy with her life, comfortable though it is. Still, even she knows that she shouldn't talk to strangers. So when her mysterious neighbor Miss Hatfield asked her in for a chat and a drink, Rebecca wasn't entirely sure why she said yes. It was a decision that was to change everything.

For Miss Hatfield is immortal. And now, thanks to a drop of water from the Fountain of Youth, Rebecca is as well. But this gift might be more of a curse, and it comes with a price. Rebecca is beginning to lose her personality, to take on the aspects of her neighbor. She is becoming the next Miss Hatfield.

But before the process goes too far, Rebecca must travel back in time to turn-of-the-century New York and steal a painting, a picture which might provide a clue to the whereabouts of the source of immortality. A clue which must remain hidden from the world. In order to retrieve the painting, Rebecca must infiltrate a wealthy household, learn more about the head of the family, and find an opportunity to escape. Before her journey is through, she will also have - rather reluctantly - fallen in love. But how can she stay with the boy she cares for, when she must return to her own time before her time-traveling has a fatal effect on her body? And would she rather stay and die in love, or leave and live alone?

And who is the mysterious stranger who shadows her from place to place? A hunter for the secret of immortality - or someone who has already found it?'
- Goodreads


So, this sounds intriguing and possibly also slightly confusing but I want to read it, and I'd like to read it now! It also vaguely reminds me of another book I read a long time ago but I can't remember the name or the author, maybe it will come to me when I start Miss Hatfield :)

Links to Amazon UK/US included only because it's another one of the debut deals by Gollancz, just $3.34 or £1.99 if you pre-order (or buy in the first week of release) the Kindle version. 

 

9 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing (and also slightly crazy!) I love time travel though, so I'll definitely be checking it out. I really like that cover though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is new to me. What a creative cover! This sounds really good. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is not my usual read, but something about it piqued my curiosity...thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: “BIG LITTLE LIES”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this one, but it does sound interesting. I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good! I love the idea of mortality and the fountain of youth, only the time-travel is throwing me a bit! The cover looks great though. I'm definitely putting this one on my TBR pile! Great pick and enjoy your week :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally loving the cover! It definitely does sound like an intriguing read, if not a little confusing, haha. Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first the cover didn't draw me in but wow, the blurb sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hadn't heard about this one but sounds amazing!

    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. Certainly sounds interesting! And like it has a lot going on. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design