Wednesday 4 June 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #79 - The Relic Guild

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Relic Guild - Edward Cox
ISBN - 9781473200296
Publisher - Gollancz
Expected release date - September 18th 2014


'Magic caused the war. Magic is forbidden. Magic will save us.

It was said the Labyrinth had once been the great meeting place, a sprawling city at the heart of an endless maze where a million humans hosted the Houses of the Aelfir. The Aelfir who had brought trade and riches, and a future full of promise. But when the Thaumaturgists, overlords of human and Aelfir alike, went to war, everything was ruined and the Labyrinth became an abandoned forbidden zone, where humans were trapped behind boundary walls a hundred feet high.

Now the Aelfir are a distant memory and the Thaumaturgists have faded into myth. Young Clara struggles to survive in a dangerous and dysfunctional city, where eyes are keen, nights are long, and the use of magic is punishable by death. She hides in the shadows, fearful that someone will discover she is touched by magic. She knows her days are numbered. But when a strange man named Fabian Moor returns to the Labyrinth, Clara learns that magic serves a higher purpose and that some myths are much more deadly in the flesh.

The only people Clara can trust are the Relic Guild, a secret band of magickers sworn to protect the Labyrinth. But the Relic Guild are now too few. To truly defeat their old nemesis Moor, mightier help will be required. To save the Labyrinth – and the lives of one million humans – Clara and the Relic Guild must find a way to contact the worlds beyond their walls.'
- Goodreads


This sounds amazing, labyrinths & magic! As soon as I read the synopsis I pre-ordered it and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

I've included links to Amazon this week because if you pre-order the Kindle edition on either you pay the princely sum of $3.34/£1.99!

13 comments:

  1. Nice cover!! This is a new one to me. Not sure it's for me, but I hope you enjoy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is definitely "eye-catching"! The synopsis grabbed me, too. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “I LOVE YOU MORE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new one to me. I like it! Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, sounds great. The cover reminds me of the Pawn cover though, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds awesome! And the cover is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very eye-catching cover, and the summary has made me very interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cover, and it sounds super interesting!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW @ the NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover and it sounds great! Adding it to the TBR!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome! Not only am I loving the cover, but there's a labyrinth? Count me in! Great pick :D Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of it before. The cover is stunning, too. I hope you love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOH, this sounds really interesting! Might have to preorder it at that price! D: Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design