Wednesday 11 June 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #80 - The Bullet-Catcher's Daughter

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Bullet-Catcher's Daughter (Fall of the Gas-Lit Empire #1) - Rod Duncan
ISBN - 9780857665300
Publisher - Angry Robot
Expected release date - August 26th 2014

'Elizabeth Barnabus lives a double life - as herself and as her brother, the private detective. She is trying to solve the mystery of a disappearing aristocrat and a hoard of arcane machines. In her way stand the rogues, freaks and self-proclaimed alchemists of a traveling circus. But when she comes up against an agent of the all-powerful Patent Office, her life and the course of history will begin to change. And not necessarily for the better…' - Goodreads

Yet another amazing title from Angry Robot and one I can't wait to read as it features the circus! There have been some great books recently with a circus in them and I'm hoping Bullet-Catcher's Daughter continues that trend. Apart from that, I love the cover (credit to Will Staehle) and I'm intrigued by the rogues, freaks, alchemists and arcane machines!

20 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, thanks for sharing :) I'll add it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. This is new to me but I like the sound of it. Cool cover art too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's really hell of a choice
    I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo... this sounds amazing and I love that cover. :) Thanks for putting this one on my radar and for visiting our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely looks unique...thanks for sharing. Enjoy! Here's mine: “SMALL BLESSINGS”

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely looks interesting. I haven't read a book where the circus is a huge part of the novel, so that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to me and i hadn't heard of it before. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so original, and that cover is flawless! great pick :)

    Nemo @ blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds very cool. Plus the cover is aweso,me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've never heard of this but it sounds good! Is it historical? I'm really interested now after reading the blurb. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great pick! I just picked this up from NetGalley so obviously I agree with your choice:-) Thanks for visiting my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds awesome! I totally am loving the cover. Strange Chemistry definitely has some awesome titles! Great pick, thanks for sharing!

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for this one, too. The cover is so different and I'm loving the combo of traveling circus and private detective. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks SO amazing. I haven't heard of it before, but now I want, want, WANT it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, this one looks interesting. Especially that cover. I hope it turns out to be a great one for you! Thank you for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this on my list too!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, sounds cool and diggin' that cover.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry for the late comment back, but, as they say, "Better late than never!" So here I am, and I must say, I really like your pick!! I agree with you about novels featuring a circus -- I like them, too. Plus, this main character sounds absolutely AWESOME, and the plot, riveting! Thanks for sharing this book, since I hadn't heard of it before. Also, thanks for commenting on my own WOW!! Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. P.S. Oh, I almost forgot.....that's a VERY creative cover!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of this one yet, but that cover is so cool and striking! The concept sounds awesome too. I don't think I've read a book from Angry Robot yet (aside from their Strange Chemistry imprint) but I'll have to pick this one up. :) Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design