Saturday 21 June 2014

Book Haul #82

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews where we can share what new books we've picked up this past week be they bought, borrowed or downloaded. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

I've been away from home all week but still managed to end up with all these! It's been a really good week, went to a great event on Thursday night (photos in my end of the month post!) and got one of my most anticipated books of 2014 to review but late yesterday afternoon I heard the sad news about Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A. Anyone who reads this blog on at least a semi-regular basis knows of my affection for all things Strange Chemistry, they've introduced me to some outstanding authors and published some amazing books so I'm saddened by the news that Angry Robot have stopped publication immediately of all their forthcoming SC books. I can only hope that the authors who have worked so hard are able to find new homes for their books, I know I'll be checking frequently! There's so much more I could say about the situation, including my initial reaction from yesterday but I'm not going to say anything else except thank you to all the great people who worked for or wrote for Strange Chemistry and I wish you all the best.

Bought

Siege & Storm | Ruin & Rising

The Girl with all the Gifts | The City's Son | The Glass Republic
Kindle

Barricade
Review

Legion of the Damned | The Dark World | Rain

The Miniaturist | The Cure for Dreaming | Threats of Sky & Sea
Won 

We Were Liars

11 comments:

  1. So many great books again, enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul!!! Several are new to me. I've also got a few on my TBR list. Thanks so much for sharing I hope you enjoy them all!!! Happy reading.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! Congrats on the We Were Liars win, I absolutely loved that one. Ruin & Rising is everywhere right now. I have the first two books but have yet to get to them, something I really need to hurry up and do. I hope you have a great reading week and enjoy all of your new additions :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great STS this week, I hope you'll enjoy The Girl with All the Gifts. Fantastic book!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great books this week, I hope you enjoy them all :) happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading The Girl With All the Gifts as well, The Cure for Dreaming looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, nice haul! I can't wait to read Rain by Amanda Sun :) Happy reading!

    My StS .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I CANNOT wait to read RUIN and RISING and The Cure to Dreaming has such a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Cure for Dreaming! And and We Were Liars!!! Oh, how I loved and hated that one, haha. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! It looks like you have some awesome books to read! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought The Girl with all the Gifts and We Were Liars, thanks to the rabid fangirling on Twitter. I have high hopes for both.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design