Wednesday 5 February 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #62 - Blades of the Old Empire

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Blades of the Old Empire - Anna Kashina
ISBN - 9780857664129 (US) 9780857664112 (UK)

Publisher - Angry Robot
Release date - February 25th 2014 (US) March 6th 2014 (UK)
Find - Goodreads/Book Depository

'Kara is a mercenary – a Diamond warrior, the best of the best, and a member of the notorious Majat Guild. When her tenure as protector to Prince Kythar comes to an end, custom dictates he accompany her back to her Guild to negotiate her continued protection.

But when they arrive they discover that the Prince’s sworn enemy, the Kaddim, have already paid the Guild to engage her services – to capture and hand over Kythar, himself.

A warrior brought up to respect both duty and honour, what happens when her sworn duty proves dishonourable?'
- Goodreads


 After reading Seven Forges last year I said I wanted to start reading more adult fantasy again, I haven't so far but this is a great book to kickstart that habit! This choice is a bit of a cheat as I have an e-ARC from Netgalley but I wanted to share Blades of the Old Empire as that plot sounds fantastic, I love strong female leads (hopefully Kara won't let us down) and even better, it's the start of a series!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one sounds really cool. I like a good high fantasy now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO! I can't wait for you to read this and post a review! It looks so good.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Net Galley too, but hadn't heard of the author before so didn't know if I should request it. But, I love a good high fantasy with a great female lead! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one...enjoy! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read as much adult fantasy either. This one sounds pretty interesting! I hope you enjoy it when you read it :) Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent heard of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read a lot of adult fantasy just because the series sometimes are so long! But this one definitely does sound interesting. I always do love a badass heroine!
    Great pick, Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sounds really interesting! I'm not a huge fan of adult fantasy, but when I do read it, this would be the kind of book I'd pick up. Thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds cool! I love strong female leads, and this book sounds like it has a really strong one. Reminds me of Throne of Glass or something. Great pick!
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this but it looks really great. Thanks for sharing :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm I havent heard of these books before, but they sound awesome! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you're having a wonderful week, Fi!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking about requesting this from NetGalley, but I'm really trying to cut back my review books. But it looks excellent! I know what you mean about wanting to read more adult books. Sometimes I feel like all I read are young adult these days (and my wow pick this week is young adult!). Great choice. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. COVER LUST.

    I added this one to my list. I want to try things outside of YA, and this looks like a good start!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design