Tuesday 4 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #40 - Books That Will Make You Cry

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

So, apparently every other book I read makes me cry... Even books that are probably only meant to make you a tiny bit sad have me sobbing, I have no idea why as I never used to be a reader that cried over books but apparently now I am. Here's the top ten books I've read that made me cry everything from a few tears to complete sobbing teary mess, plus three books I own but haven't read yet know are going to make me cry. Interesting side note! Of the ten books I've read seven have been made into movies, most of which I haven't seen - obviously including TFIOS which hasn't been released yet!

Read

Before I Die (aka Now Is Good)

The Fault In Our Stars

The Book Thief

Me Before You

The First Last Kiss

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

One Day

Watership Down

My Sister's Keeper

A Monster Calls

Bonus Three - On My TBR Pile

Maybe One Day

Side Effects May Vary

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

9 comments:

  1. I agree with so many of your books! I love reading a tearjerker, but not too often! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFIOS made me cry buckets and buckets too! I haven't read My Sister's Keeper but I have a feeling it will make me cry too! :D
    - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas DESTROYED me. Just a heads up there, haha! I agree with so many on your list, I have A Monster Calls on my TBR pile so I'm intrigued to see whether or not I'll cry at it. (I probably will because I cry at pretty much anything haha.)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved ONE DAY, even saw the movie after I read the book. Double the heartbreaking crying sounds!

    The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas broke me. I couldn't stop crying :(

    A Monster Calls was one of the best books that I've read last year. It was a really emotional book.

    And of course, TFIOS. Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing Picoult's books on a lot of people's lists. They always made me teary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with TFIOS. I couldn't stop sobbing once I reached about half way through that book.
    And I totally forgot about The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I cried so much in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter and Fault in Our Stars both made my list. I definitely cried at Watership Down too, but I didn't think of that one. I added A Monster Calls to my TBR after seeing it on so many lists today!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks. My Sister's Keeper made my list too, such an emotional and beautiful book. I also picked Deathly Hallows, I pretty much cry from beginning to end when reading that. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watership Down! How could I forget to add that one!! The Book Thief as well - that one hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design