Saturday 1 February 2014

Book Haul #62


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

All I can say about this week's incoming books is oops! I was so good, I even resisted half of these titles on Edelweiss for nearly a month but they've been calling to me... And I may have gone slightly insane with the old download button... But on the other hand, I have Cress!!! Now I just need to read Cinder and Scarlet! I'll also admit to already owning a copy of Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson but at over one thousand pages the thing is darn heavy, especially in bed when you're trying to read under the quilt because it's so cold. I completely blame Shadowmagic on my brother-in-law, if he hadn't mentioned it in an email I could have forgotten it was on my wishlist and left it there for another year or two. Instead I forked over the princely sum of $1.63/99p for a copy, just don't tell my sister!

Bought

Cress - Marissa Meyer

Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge

House of Shadow - Rachel Neumeier
Kindle

Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson

Shadowmagic - John Lenahan

The Line - J D Horn
From the author 

A Night Without Stars - Jillian Eaton
Netgalley

Last God Standing - Michael Boatman
Edelweiss

The Secrets of Lily Graves - Sarah Strohmeyer

Rebel (Reboot #2) - Amy Tintera

The Half Life of Molly Pierce - Katrina Leno

Side Effects May Vary - Julie Murphy

School For Good & Evil: A World Without Princes - Soman Chainani

House of Secrets: Battle of the Beasts - Chris Columbus & Ned Vizzini

24 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love love love Cruel Beauty! And I saw most of those Harper titles on Edelweiss, but I had to put a hold on all the downloading I've been doing! Too many review books D: Hope you enjoy all of the books you got! :)

    Have an awesome weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Cruel Beauty too. I haven't read the School of Good and Evil, but it sounds good. I'm going to get to the Cinder series finally this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYA for Cress! I loved it. Just absolutely loved it. ^.^ (Though I still think Scarlet is my all-time favourite, you know, if I had to choose.) I'd love to read Cruel Beauty! Everyone raves about it. :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some great books this week! I want to read so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! The Lunar Chronicles is awesome. I hope you enjoy your experience. I've been meaning to read The Way of Kings for the longest time - it sounds like such a good read! I got 'Molly Pierce' and 'Lily Graves' (my personal names for them because I can't keep track of all these titles with people's names in them XD) last month, and I'm so looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Cruel Beauty and Cress just simply can't get here soon enough! I hope you enjoy all your new books. :)

    Check out my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh lots of goodies! Really excited for Side Effects May Vary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These books all have amazing covers. I'm seriously in love with them. Heard good things about Cruel Beauty.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read Cruel Beauty, I've heard great things about this book.
    Great haul! I hope you'll enjoy them =)

    My STS : http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2014/02/stacking-shelves-07.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices! I really love Cress (reading it now), and I have Cruel Beauty on my wish list! Love the cover for House of Shadows and now need to go and check that one out. Thanks for sharing!

    -Jenn
    Tale of Two Doxies
    www.taleoftwodoxies.blogspot.com

    If you get a chance, my Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get my hands on Cress really really fast! I'm dying to read it :) Great haul! You got quite a lot of interesting ones I've been wanting to read.

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cruel Beauty is great! It's such a cool retelling. Rebel sounds amazing, too, especially since I loved Reboot. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite a haul this week.

    Lily Graves, Side Effects and Molly Pierce are all on my wish list after seeing them on various blog posts.

    Enjoy your reads and please feel free to check out my haul post at http://thewanderingbookworm.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/book-haul-1-february-2014/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am on the list for Cress at my library but I am pretty far down the list so I have a while to wait. Click here to go to Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! I am reading Cress now and loving it! Enjoy! My STS: http://www.thecovercontessa.com/2014/02/stacking-shelves-5-alamw14.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Half Life of Molly Pierce! Yes. I really want to skip my schedule and read it now, but I'm reading so slow lately, blah. Cruel Beauty is SO good. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Cress! I loved the first two books, I hope you do too! I absolutely adored Cruel Beauty! Great books this week, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought Cruel Beauty - I am so stoked to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul! I have quite a few of these myself, although I gave in on EW way too quickly and got them a while ago. I really can't wait to start Side Effects May Vary, it looks so good. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent haul! I have some of these on my TBR list - and others are new to me. I haven't heard of Shadowmagic before, but it looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! Nice haul ! I am also anticipating 'Cruel Beauty' this year! Hope u enjoy reading all these lovelies !!

    - Gayatri @ Notorious Writer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design