Wednesday 18 December 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #56 - Banished

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Banished (The Blackheart Legacy #1) - Liz De Jager
ISBN - 9781447247654
Publisher - Tor UK
Expected release date - February 27th 2014
Find - Goodreads/Book Depository/AmazonUK

'Sworn to protect, honour and slay. Because chaos won’t banish itself…

Kit is proud to be a Blackhart, now she’s encountered her unorthodox cousins and their strange lives. And her home-schooling now includes spells, fighting enemy fae and using ancient weapons. But it’s not until she rescues a rather handsome fae prince, fighting for his life on the edge of Blackhart Manor, that her training really kicks in. With her family away on various missions, Kit must protect Prince Thorn, rely on new friends and use her own unfamiliar magic to stay ahead of Thorn’s enemies. As things go from bad to apocalyptic, fae battle fae in a war that threatens to spill into the human world. Then Kit pits herself against the Elder Gods themselves – it’s that or lose everyone she’s learnt to love.'
- Goodreads


There are some seriously amazing covers around at the moment and this is another of my favorites. One of the first book blogs I ever read regularly was Liz's My Favorite Books and I still follow her now on Twitter, so have been stalking following her for quite a while. The synopsis sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it, just over two months to wait now!

9 comments:

  1. This looks so cool. It's officially going on my list. The cover is enough to make me swoon! Here's my WoW http://bathtubreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one does sound interesting. I haven't read a book with Fae in it in a little while :) I hope you get a copy when it's out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! Fae!!! The cover is pretty and the summary sounds enjoyable!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome cover, and the blurb sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup this is definitely a great pick. Obviously I can't wait to read this one as well. Thanks for stopping byMy WoW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw had this on my WoW last week! ^_^ The cover IS gorgeous isn't it. I can't wait to read it, it sounds amazing.

    A great pick,
    Sam @ Falling Books :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like very interesting and the cover is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to this one too! I'm completely in love with the cover as well. Fantastic pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! And not at all what I expected from the cover---I think I thought it would be more dystopian. But magic and fae wars! That really sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design