Tuesday 17 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #35 - New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -


Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

Thanks to my book journal and Goodreads this one was fairly easy to sort out although I did discover that I read an awful lot of new authors this year, at the expense of not reading sequels to books by authors I've read over the last few years and I've read far more contemporary YA books than I thought too. It was hard to narrow it down but this is my Top Ten (in no particular order) and books pictured are the ones I've read and/or own.

Gayle Forman

Katie McGarry

Mary Robinette Kowal

Leigh Bardugo

A E Rought

Sarah J Maas

Simone Elkeles

Teresa Flavin

James Dawson

Sophie McKenzie


7 comments:

  1. Gayle Forman - I love her books - she's another favorite of mine also - and I see your currently reading daughter of smoke and bone, please let me know how you like it! I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah J. Maas made it to my list too! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie McGarry was also a new 2014 author for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just binge read the last two Katie McGarry books- she's the best! Glad you got acquainted with Gayle Forman and Simone Elkeles. I still need to read Leigh Bardugo's books! Hope 2014 is another amazing reading year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed discovering Sarah J. Maas this year, too...plus, I see your Erin Morgenstern link! Just read The Night Circus last month, and it was divine. Ready for another from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I LOVE Gayle Forman, she is incredible :) I really, really want to read Leigh Bardugo's books, they look amazing. New Bloglovin and GFC follower :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gale and Bardugo are two wonderful authors! I am so happy that you picked up their books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design