Tuesday 16 August 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #116 - Books Set In Boarding Schools


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous girls cover at The Broke & The Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Twenty Books With X Setting

I've chosen boarding schools as my setting this week, mainly because I have an amazing list of books with that setting. I also make no apologies for this being twenty books long and not ten...There's pretty much every sort of boarding school here. Classic, modern, magical, abroad, secret and plenty in between! I've read all of these but if you have any boarding school books I've missed leave them in the comments!












9 comments:

  1. These are great picks! Do you know the Spud novels by John van de Ruit?? It is also set in a boarding school in South Africa. I so loved The Little Princess.... will do my TTT a bit later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! I tend to read a lot of books set in boarding schools too, and these are great recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books set in boarding schools! And still some I haven't checked out so always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We couldn't even come up with ten books for this week's topic, so I am impressed you were able to do 20! I am definitely checking some of these out :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic selection! (And i adore that cover for Little Princess!) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great topic! I featured this on my blog awhile ago and had some of the same books (here) but wish I had included Nicholas Nickleby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the same thing for my TTT but mine was more geared to supernaural and spies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love school settings! I'm happy to see Prep on your list. I loved that book when I read it years ago. Great list.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, especially Little Princess, Witch Week and Autumn Term. I'd add Jennings and Darbishire by Anthony Buckeridge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design