Wednesday 14 May 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #76 - The Cure for Dreaming

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Cure For Dreaming - Cat Winters
ISBN - 9781419712166
Publisher - Amulet Books
Expected release date - October 14th 2014
Find - Goodreads/Book Depository

'Olivia Mead is a headstrong, independent girl—a suffragist—in an age that prefers its girls to be docile. It’s 1900 in Oregon, and Olivia’s father, concerned that she’s headed for trouble, convinces a stage mesmerist to try to hypnotize the rebellion out of her. But the hypnotist, an intriguing young man named Henri Reverie, gives her a terrible gift instead: she’s able to see people’s true natures, manifesting as visions of darkness and goodness, while also unable to speak her true thoughts out loud. These supernatural challenges only make Olivia more determined to speak her mind, and so she’s drawn into a dangerous relationship with the hypnotist and his mysterious motives, all while secretly fighting for the rights of women. Winters breathes new life into history once again with an atmospheric, vividly real story, including archival photos and art from the period throughout.' - Goodreads

Yes please! The cover is gorgeous, the synopsis sounds amazing and I want it now.


6 comments:

  1. I saw this on another WoW earlier, and I'm definitely interested in reading it now. It just looks really, really cool. I also love how it's set in Oregon (where I live). I hope we both enjoy reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want this one too, just so interesting

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a WoW pick for me a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait for this!! Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the cover gives me the creeps, but YES. I'll read anything b y Cat Winters after reading In the Shadow of Blackbirds, loved it. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is so intense, i'm dying to know whats happening! Great Pick :)

    Here's My Pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds exciting! Love that cover...and here's mine: “A LONG TIME GONE”

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design