Tuesday 6 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #52 - Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

Love this topic, there are so many great book covers out there! While I know you can buy some of the classics covers in print form I wish there was somewhere that enabled you to be able to buy any 'book cover as a print' that you liked. Probably just as well there isn't as I think I would bankrupt myself :) I got slightly carried away finding covers for this, I had a list of nearly forty covers before I stopped and found it hard to narrow them down to ten (so I didn't). These are book covers I'd happily have on my walls, especially the first three. These covers were illustrated by Ruben Toledo and owning these is probably the only way I'll ever own some of his artwork.

Jane Eyre | Pride & Prejudice | Wuthering Heights

The Night Circus | The Magician King

Alphabet of Thorn | The Bards of Bone Plain

100 Years of Solitude | Zoo City

Summer & Bird | Seraphina

12 comments:

  1. Oh pretty, pretty covers! The first three classic covers are stunning. So unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great covers! The Pride and Prejudice cover has to be my favourite :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love the Ruben Toledo covers! Also, the covers for Summer & Bird, The Night Circus and The Magician King are beautiful! Wonderful choices!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that copy of Jane Eyre!

    http://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/top-ten-tuesday-book-cover-art/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These covers are all so beautiful. I almost included The Night Circus cover on my list too, but it didn't make the final cut. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The covers you picked are gorgeous! My favorite was "One Hundred Years of Solitude" kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Absolutely beautiful cover pieces! I would have all these hanging on my wall framed and admired all day long!!! They are all so whimsical and enchanting. I have got to look up this Patricia A. McKillip. Her covers are kind of reminding me of Juliet Marillier's. The Magician King would of made my list but I was only choosing covers from the list of books I've read. I LOVE YOUR LIST FI!! Great Picks!! ♥
    Come by and check out my Top Ten Covers @ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kinuko Craft's covers for Patricia McKillip's books are always something to look forward to. Lovely list!
    Visit my post at Emerald City Book Review 

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your covers have a similar feel to them. I can see all of these being wall art. Good choices!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alphabet of Thorn.....now I want that book in a bad way. I need to read that author's books.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design