Wednesday 20 May 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #122 - The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School - Kim Newman
ISBN - 9781781165720
Publisher - Titan
Release date - October 6 2015
Find - Goodreads

A week after Mother found her sleeping on the ceiling, Amy Thomsett is delivered to her new school, Drearcliff Grange in Somerset. Although it looks like a regular boarding school, Amy learns that Drearcliff girls are special, the daughters of criminal masterminds, outlaw scientists and master magicians. Several of the pupils also have special gifts like Amy’s, and when one of the girls in her dormitory is abducted by a mysterious group in black hoods, Amy forms a secret, superpowered society called the Moth Club to rescue their friend. They soon discover that the Hooded Conspiracy runs through the School, and it's up to the Moth Club to get to the heart of it.

Umm, may I have this now please? I love Kim Newman and so this is probably one of my more anticipated reads of this year! Creepy school, magic, secret society... What could be any better? 

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like it may be a little too YA for my tastes, but Kim Newman is a fantastic author who definitely does creepy right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this before and it sounds Awesome! Thank you for sharing it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not heard of the author before, but this sounds good. Like you said: creepy cool, magic, secret society, what's not to love? Hope you love this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful and I love that creepy cover. I think I started reading Ano-Dracula once, which I believe is a Newman book, but that was years and years ago. Thanks for pointing this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound cool! And the cover is awesome. I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design