Tuesday 12 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #88 - Authors I REALLY Want To Meet!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous gals cover at The Broke & The Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Nine Authors I REALLY Want To Meet

I've been extremely lucky in my career as a bookseller to meet lots of amazing authors - Terry Pratchett, Patrick Rothfuss, Joe Hill, Raymond E Feist, Jasper Fforde, Sarah Pinborough, Rainbow Rowell, Sarah J Maas, Jo Walton... I've also been lucky enough to go to some amazing events so this list probably isn't anywhere near as long as it could have been! There are also people I've met that I wouldn't have gone out of my way to do so. Bill Clinton anyone? Noel Edmonds? Here are the authors that I would do just about anything to meet, and I mean anything - except maybe get on a plane! Frances Hardinge shouldn't really be on this list as I saw her at YALC last year but thanks to being on the verge of fainting thanks to the insane heat I had to leave before the end of the panel she was on so missed out on the signing. This year? There will be nothing in my way, nothing...


7 comments:

  1. Great selection of authors Fi! :-) I hope you get to meet them at some point. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices and what an awesome selection of authors you've already been lucky enough to meet! Jasper Fforde and Terry Pratchett are both brilliant, I loved meeting them!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice choices here. Great list! Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Atwood made my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with these authors but I hope you meet them one day. :)
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. Margaret Atwood and Stephen King made my list too.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Juliet Marillier was a good choice! It would be very interesting to sit down with her!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design