Wednesday 6 May 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #120 - Wake of Vultures


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Wake of Vultures - Lila Bowen
ISBN - 9780316264310
Publisher - Orbit
Release date - October 27 2015

A rich, dark fantasy of destiny, death, and the supernatural world hiding beneath the surface.

Nettie Lonesome lives in a land of hard people and hard ground dusted with sand. She's a half-breed who dresses like a boy, raised by folks who don't call her a slave but use her like one. She knows of nothing else. That is, until the day a stranger attacks her. When nothing, not even a sickle to the eye can stop him, Nettie stabs him through the heart with a chunk of wood, and he turns into black sand.

And just like that, Nettie can see.

But her newfound sight is a blessing and a curse. Even if she doesn't understand what's under her own skin, she can sense what everyone else is hiding -- at least physically. The world is full of evil, and now she knows the source of all the sand in the desert. Haunted by the spirits, Nettie has no choice but to set out on a quest that might lead to her true kin... if the monsters along the way don't kill her first.


I don't know where I first stumbled across Wake of Vultures but I absolutely adored the cover and the synopsis sounds amazing. Another one for the wishlist!  

6 comments:

  1. The cover is indeed amazing. Plus a good dark fantasy/supernatural novel is always welcome. The summary of this one is intriguing, I'll keep an eye on it!

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds pretty intriguing!

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for pointing this out. I have never heard of it before but it sounds great. I will have to watch out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds really cool! I'll definitely be looking for more about this one when it comes out, I love fantasy novels.

    ~Ailsa
    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks so cool. Dark and supernatural is totally up my alley. I am definitely excited to check this out!
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design