Saturday 25 April 2015

Dewey Read-a-thon Time Again!

http://24hourreadathon.com/

It's that time again folks! Read-a-thon time! This is my fourth or fifth, maybe even my sixth Dewey read-a-thon and, I'm hoping, my best one yet, I haven't got any books lined up as I've discovered I read best in these situations by completely winging it! It all kicks off at 1pm UK time so I'm going to shower, get dressed. get my snacks ready and start thinking about what my first book might be.

I'll be doing semi-regular updates here on the blog but if my internet connection is anything like it's been the last two days (non-existent) I'll probably either be on Twitter or nowhere. Wish me luck!

Hour 0 - Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Sunny Somerset in the UK

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

All of them!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Peanut Butter M&M's

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a bookseller, a bookaholic, a reader, an insomniac, a collector...

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Stay awake! And hopefully find an internet connection every time I want to update!

Hours 1 - 4

Chosen my first book!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20738167-a-little-in-love?ac=1

And my second book...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19523450-my-brother-s-shadow

Hours 5 - 8

Trying to choose book number three and time for some dinner!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22856248-not-as-we-know-it?ac=1
Book #4

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20820994-i-ll-give-you-the-sun?ac=1
Hours 9 - 12

Internet went off a while back so no online updates from for a while. Noy unless I want to go and stand in the back garden in the dark to find the wi-fi hotspot! Still reading I'll Give You The Sun and nodded off for an hour!

Hours 13 - 16

Feeling wide awake after my cat nap! Looking for book number five...

Call me crazy but picked up

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14201.Jonathan_Strange_Mr_Norrell?ac=1

The BBC have made a seven part adaptation of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell so I want to reread it before the show starts. Only thing I'm not looking forward to about the tv version is that they've cast Marc Warren as The Gentleman With Thistledown Hair and I'm not a huge fan.

Hours 17 - 20

Fast asleep after reading 50 pages of Jonathan Strange!

Hours 21 - 24

It's nearly all over...


2 comments:

  1. I really want to read A Little in Love! I ordered it from Amazon a while back, but they were unable to fulfill my order due to it being out of stock. I should try again, because it really sounds like an amazing book.

    Peanut butter M&M's are the best! :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved it! So glad I finally read it :) Peanut Butter M&M's are absolutely the best, trying to ration them is so hard!

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design