Sunday 30 April 2017

What I Did In The Readathon...


Time for a change this year! Rather than constantly updating on here I thought I'd post photos on Instagram throughout the #readathon and do a round-up post here. Imagine my delight when I discovered there was going to be an Instagram #readathon too!





So that was my #readathon all perfectly set up for me in advance... Let's see what actually happened!

Hour 1 - Hour 5

Reading, lots of reading and all the IG prompts. Gail Carriger liked my picture of Soulless and left a comment (about forgetting the #readathon was on, but still, squee!!!) and I was pretty pleased with my progress.

Hours 6 & 7

Stopped for dinner, both the making and the eating of, so no reading.

Hour 8 - Hour 10

More reading but no prompts as surprise! The internet connection was down. This happens every time I do the Dewey #readathon and I'm starting to think I'm jinxed.


Hour 11 - Hour 21

This mainly consisted of reading for a bit, dozing off and waking to look at the time. Repeat a dozen times and that's how I spent those hours.

Hour 22 - Hour 24

Consisted of reading and breakfast and more reading.


And now it's all over until October when I hope I can join in the whole day again!

Closing Survey

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? All of them...
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next time? Anything shortish and/or graphic novels
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Nope, loved it as usual!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The Instagram challenge, please keep this!!!
5. How many books did you read? 6
6. What were the names of the books you read? Swashbuckle Lil & the Jewel Thief, The Secret Of Nightingale Wood, Soulless, The Watcher, Thursdays with the Crown, Fridays with the Wizard. I also read a couple of short stories from Fearsome Magics
7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Secret of Nightingale Wood
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Watcher
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Sign me up please! And always as a reader, although I'd be quite happy to do something on Instagram...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design