Wednesday 12 June 2019

Weekly Wednesday #2


Here's a taste of what I've been reading, and watching, over the last week!

Currently Reading

 This is one of my YALC reads (I'm still putting together my reading schedule, at this rate it'll be time to go before I do...) and I am loving it! I follow Lauren on Instagram - cute puppy alert!!! - and Twitter and I've loved all of her books so far. This one is about the two youngest people left in the world, Shen and Lowrie, after a virus caused mass infertility and the population of London is 300.
 I absolutely love Rotherweird and this is my second re-read! I'll follow it up with a re-read of Wyntertyde, by which time Lost Acre should be out! Rotherweird is a town in the UK that is governed by the residents of Rotherweird, there are no guidebooks, and they don't particularly like strangers unless necessary...
This is Anna James' MG debut and from what I've read so far, it's Thursday Next for children. I like the 40 or so pages I've finished, and it's another book on my YALC list.









Up Next

I love Christina Henry's books and I especially love her fairy tale retellings. This is her take on Little Red Riding Hood and I can't wait to dive in. I'll be reviewing this and a couple of her others for my fairy tale series in August so keep an eye out!








New On The Shelves

 I've followed Katie on Instagram and Twitter for quite some time, her nails are a thing of beauty! I requested this one on Netgalley and wow, this book is incredible! If you liked The Secret History and The Craft I'm pretty sure you'll like The Furies!
Huge thanks to Raven Books for this one! I saw it on Netgalley so was really pleased when I was asked if I wanted to read a copy. Never Have I Ever is the story of Amy who seems to have it all, until the night a mysterious stranger joins her book club and her life starts to spiral out of control. This is out in early August so look out for a review.







On The Big Screen

I'd heard incredibly mixed reviews about Late Night, starring Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling, but decided to ignore them and see the movie anyway. The most curious thing is that my friend and I were the only women there, and the audience seemed to consist of single men on their own... Anyway, we enjoyed the movie for what it was. I do love both Mindy and Emma but whether I'd watch it again is doubtful!

1 comment:

  1. COHSEM HSE Model Paper 2022, Manipur 12th Question Paper 2022 Question Paper for Manipur Plus Two 2022 ,Interested candidates will be pleased to note that the Manipur Board 12th Question Paper 2022 will be released soon by the Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur (COHSEM). Manipur 12th Model Paper 2022 Students preparing for the test have been waiting for the Manipur +2 exam Previous Question Paper 2022 with bated breath. The official website will provide you with a link to download it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design