Saturday 12 September 2015

R(eaders) I(mbibing) P(eril) X: Time To Scare Yourself Silly...

 
Hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Estella Society, the tenth year of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril runs from September 1 to October 31 and encourages readers to dive in to the spookier side of reading. Got a thriller, mystery, short horror story, or Gothic novel you've been wanting to read? Definitely counts towards R.I.P. The rules are relaxed, as are the expectations (namely, read and have fun). There are a variety of R.I.P. challenges to suit different readers (and/or watchers), and you can read more about all of them at the link above. 
 
I've been a fan of R.I.P. since it started but I signed up for this last year for the first time (I've always remembered too late before) and failed miserably. This year I'm going for it though, especially as it's been too long since I've read any great horror or indeed watched any great horror movies! The group read this year is also one that's been sitting on my TBR  pile since the day it was published. Definitely time to dust off my copy...


Peril of the Group Read: This is something Carl allowed us to do in partnership with RIP beginning a few years ago. We’re back at it this year with Amanda from Fig and Thistle to read Lauren Owen’s The Quick. The group read officially begins on September 18 (during the Dog Days of Summer Readathon) and ends on October 18 (during the Dewey’s Readathon!). There's a mid-point check-in on October 12. Feel free to use our questions or post on your own! We’ll provide the linky!




 Peril On the Screen: This is for those of us that like to watch suitably scary, eerie, mysterious gothic fare during this time of year. It may be something on the small screen or large. It might be a television show, like Dark Shadows or Midsomer Murders, or your favorite film.

 
Peril the First: Read four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature. It could be King or Conan Doyle, Penny or Poe, Chandler or Collins, Lovecraft or Leroux…or anyone in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design