Friday 8 November 2013

Netgalley November Update #1

Week one of Netgalley November is over and I'm starting to debate the wisdom of signing up to read so many titles! I know I can do it, I just need to make myself read...

Goals

Read 16 - 20 Netgalley titles

Read

Seven Forges - James A Moore

The Book of Secrets - Elizabeth Joy Arnold
Started

The Woken Gods - Gwenda Bond
Read Earlier This Year But Not Reviewed Yet

Full Blooded - Amanda Carlson

Carniepunk - Rachel Caine et al
Being away for the first six days of the challenge was a definite downside but hopefully my reading should pick up over the next couple of weeks and I should reach my target! I need to discipline myself about writing reviews too, my feedback ratio is appalling and until it improves I'm not sharing! Hopefully week #2 will be more productive...

12 comments:

  1. Hey I say do what you can and be proud of yourself for what you actually accomplish. I find that I read as much as I can, and be happy with it. You are not a machine.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I needed to hear that, will probably still worry that I'm not reading enough, or reading too slowly!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying not to worry too much about numbers and just try and read as many as I can. My feedback ratio isn't good either, and I've requested more this week. I need to stop requesting and start reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to stop requesting too, logged onto NG quickly this morning and came away with another book to read! Am going to try and relax otherwise I'm sure I won't enjoy anything I read!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Somehow I think I need all the luck in the world although today was good and I finished Woken Gods!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I have Woken Gods....I need to get on top of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first started Woken Gods a while back but put it down because I couldn't get into it. Having started it again yesterday I've just finished and loved it! Hope you get round to it soon :)

      Delete
  5. Great start. I too have read two of my Netgalley titles for the challenge.
    Good luck with the rest of the challenge.
    Caroline
    www.bigbooklittlebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, good luck to you too!

      Delete
  6. Two is still better than none and it's still only the first week. I reckon you can catch up really easily! Good luck in getting back on target!

    Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Think I'm definitely catching up now, have read four in the last three days so might well still reach my target :)

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design