Tuesday 15 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #27 - Books I Was Forced To Read



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Books I Was Forced To Read

This is both a 'everyone else is reading it so I guess I should too' list and a 'I was forced to read it' list, although the end result is the same - books that I most likely would never have picked up and liked/disliked!

Read At School & Liked

The Yellow Wall-Paper - Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Anne Frank: Diary Of A Young Girl

Everyone Else Is Reading It, It Must Be Good

The Knife Of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness

Dark Lover - J R Ward

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

You Absolutely Have To Read This Book, You'll Love It!

The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone - J K Rowling

I Loved This Book, Read It! Sorry, Didn't Enjoy It!

Before I Go To Sleep - S J Watson

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

What's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. I loved "Dark Lover" and "Harry Potter". I didn't care for "The Yellow Wallpaper" though. Great list!

    Tsuki’s TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard The Bronze Horseman is a really good book, I'll definitely have to give it a whirl soon. The Book Thief is amazing, I loved it so much. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had to read it for school or anything, but I adored The Yellow Wallpaper when I read it. Totally scary - in more than one way!

    I also read Dark Lover because it seemed like EVERYONE was going crazy about that series. I really enjoyed it, but I never picked up any of the later books. They're on my TBR though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit there are a lot of books I've read because of book clubs or school assignments that I wouldn't have picked up on my own, but they turned out to be fantastic. There are also those that were terrible! I will never be a fan of Faulkner or Steinbeck. As I help my daughter struggle through IB English, I wonder why the teachers pick certain books. There are so many great books out there with all the goodies teachers love: plot, character development, symbolism, tone, etc. Why do we force mediocre on a generation that is already struggling to appreciate good literature? One of the great mysteries of life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get what all the fuss was about with Before I Go To Sleep & Gone Girl - they were both just kind of meh. I really loved The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Book Thief and HP is my favourite book series! My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design