Wednesday 24 July 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #35

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -



Once We Were (Hybrid Chronicles #2) - Kat Zhang @ Twitter
ISBN UK - 978-0007490363
          US - 9780062114907
Publisher UK - HarperCollins Childrens
               US - HarperCollins
Expected Release Date UK - April 24th 2014
                                    US - September 17th 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

Do not read any further if you haven't read What's Left Of Me!

'"I'm lucky just to be alive"

Eva was never supposed to have survived this long. As the recessive soul, she should have faded away years ago. Instead, she lingers in the body she shares with her sister soul, Addie. When the government discovered the truth, they tried to “cure” the girls, but Eva and Addie escaped before the doctors could strip Eva’s soul away.

Now fugitives, Eva and Addie find shelter with a group of hybrids who run an underground resistance. Surrounded by others like them, the girls learn how to temporarily disappear to give each soul some much-needed privacy. Eva is thrilled at the chance to be alone with Ryan, the boy she’s falling for, but troubled by the growing chasm between her and Addie. Despite clashes over their shared body, both girls are eager to join the rebellion.

Yet as they are drawn deeper into the escalating violence, they start to wonder: How far are they willing to go to fight for hybrid freedom? Faced with uncertainty and incredible danger, their answers may tear them apart forever.'
- Goodreads


I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this but just look at that gap between the US and UK releases!!! I'm either going to have to pay for the US hardcover or wait seven months for my library to get the UK version :(

What are you waiting for this week?

8 comments:

  1. I've heard of both of these books, but I have yet to read them. It sounds like an interesting series though. My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I absolutely loved the first book, one of my favourtite reads from last year and I cannot wait for Once We Were! I hope you get the chance to read it before the UK release date!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... I haven't even read book one yet, but the second will already be released soon. I'm totally thrilled to dive into those, because the concept fascinates me. Great pick, thanks for bringing the sequel to my attention!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick. Seems interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-57-gated-after-eden.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the first book in this series, but it is on my to-read list! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first book checked out from the library now. I've heard good things and can't wait to start it. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness- the sequel is coming out already? I still have to read the first book. Thanks for the reminder- and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover! I still have What's Left of Me sitting on my desk waiting for me. I need to get on that soon!
    Thanks for sharing & visiting Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design