Tuesday 2 July 2013

Random Reads #2


Random Reads is a monthly meme hosted by Sarah at I’m Loving Books.  This feature is to get us reading a random book within the month that is in our TBR stack.

Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. Feel free to do more than one per month, but since a lot of people have a lot of books to read each month, only one is “required” for the meme.

Want to join in on Random Reads?


It’s easy…

  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (below). If you choose more than one book per month, be sure to put a number by your name in the list so it doesn’t look like a duplicate.
  5. Read and be merry!
This month Random chose number 221 which is -

The Violet Hour - Richard Montanari
This has been on my shelf since January 12th 2012 so will count towards my OTS challenge, hurrah! I've nearly finished Full Blooded, my Random Read for last month, so a review will probably be up next week. Random Reads will become part of Operation TBR which is definitely needed  and will be ongoing for a year or two! Having physically checked the books in my house to be read I'm ashamed to say there are 665 so after this weekend there will be no buying of books and no downloading of free books - I dread to think how many 'freebies' I have on my Kindle! The only exceptions are the preorders I've already paid for of which I think there are 9 between now and the end of the year or if I'm lucky enough to win something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design