Wednesday 3 July 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #32

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Charm - Sarah Pinborough @Twitter
ISBN - 9780575093010
Publisher - Gollancz
Expected release date - July 18th 2013
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

CHARM is a beautifully illustrated re-telling of the Cinderella story which takes all the much-loved elements of the classic fairytale (the handsome prince, the fairy godmother, the enchanted mouse, the beautiful girl and, of course, the iconic balls) and puts a modern spin on the characters, their motives and their desires. This is fun, contemporary, sexy, and perfect for fans of ONCE UPON A TIME, GRIMM, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN and more.This edition contains 15 original pen and ink illustrations by Les Edwards. - Goodreads

No real blurb as such but suffice to say it's a fairly adult retelling of Cinderella! I love the cover, matches Poison perfectly and I can't wait to see the illustrations in this one!

What's your WoW this week? 
 

10 comments:

  1. I haven't had much luck with fairytale retellings in the past, but this one certainly sounds intriguing! And I like the sounds of pen and ink drawings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drawings in the first one, Poison, are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Nice pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    following via bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54-avalon-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I haven't seen this one around.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting! I'll have to add this to my wishlist! Thanks for drawing it to my attention: I adore fairy tale retellings, and this one has obviously missed my radar!

    Inga @ Miss Inga Page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I adore the look of this one...thanks for sharing; and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This is the first that I've heard of this one, actually. I really like the cover though. Thanks so much for sharing. (:
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books with illustrations! This is the first I've heard of this book, and it sounds really good. Thank you for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fairy Retelling? Modern Spin?
    Gimme ! Gimme!
    I'll definitely be reading this as well as Poison!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this sounds really good! I love fairy tale re-tellings so this one is definitely getting added to my TBR.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design