Wednesday 7 May 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #75 - Dreamer's Pool

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Dreamer's Pool (Blackthorn & Grim #1) - Juliet Mariller
ISBN - 9780451466990
Publisher - Roc Books
Expected release date - November 4th 2014

'In exchange for help escaping her long and wrongful imprisonment, embittered magical healer Blackthorn has vowed to set aside her bid for vengeance against the man who destroyed all that she once held dear. Followed by a former prison mate, a silent hulk of a man named Grim, she travels north to Dalriada. There she'll live on the fringe of a mysterious forest, duty bound for seven years to assist anyone who asks for her help.

Oran, crown prince of Dalriada, has waited anxiously for the arrival of his future bride, Lady Flidais. He knows her only from a portrait and sweetly poetic correspondence that have convinced him Flidais is his destined true love. But Oran discovers letters can lie. For although his intended exactly resembles her portrait, her brutality upon arrival proves she is nothing like the sensitive woman of the letters.

With the strategic marriage imminent, Oran sees no way out of his dilemma. Word has spread that Blackthorn possesses a remarkable gift for solving knotty problems, so the prince asks her for help. To save Oran from his treacherous nuptials, Blackthorn and Grim will need all their resources: courage, ingenuity, leaps of deduction, and more than a little magic.'
- Goodreads

Eeeeeeeeeeeek! Two releases in two months from the amazing Juliet Marillier! We get started with book three of her Shadowfell trilogy, The Caller, in September and then Dreamer's Pool in November which is the start of an adult series, cannot wait! To be honest, I would have bought the book anyway, just because of that cover, but the fact that it's a Juliet Marillier book is an absolute bonus. November is too far away...

9 comments:

  1. I've heard so many awesome things about Juliet Marillier and yet, I haven't read anything by her. I seriously need to read her soon, don't I?

    Here's my WoW
    PF @ Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be adding this one to my shelves, very excited to see more by Juliet Marillier

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, not really my type of read. I hope you get to read it soon though! :)
    Waiting on Wednesday
    One Broke Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a lovely cover! The premise seems interesting too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks amazing! Gorgeous cover and blurb. Enjoy!

    Here's mine: EYES ON YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is new to me, thanks for sharing!

    Check out our WOW.

    Also, enter to win a copy of After the End by Amy Plum

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read Juilet Marillier forEVER now! I even started collecting her books, so I'll have them on hand when I'm ready to read them! YEP!!! Haven't heard of this one so THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing. Looks like I got another book of hers to add to my bookcase and TBR list! YOU ROCK FI!
    Come by and check out my Wow & my Book Haul@ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to this one too! I also feature a Juliet Marillier book in my WoW http://rlsharpe.wordpress.com/2014/05/08/waiting-on-wednesday-the-caller-by-juliet-marillier/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing. It's definitely going on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design