Tuesday 27 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #55 - Freebie Day!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is a topic of your choice so I chose my favorite female authors! And, because it's a freebie this week, I'm throwing the rules out of the window and you get some bonus answers too :) This is a fairly comprehensive list of either my favorite book or the first book I read by them. It's a list female authors who have written books that I've fallen in love with and have become auto-buy authors. I'm sure I've missed some off the list that should be startlingly obvious but I cannot think of who they are!

Top Fifteen Favorite Female Authors

Margaret Atwood | Juliet Marillier | Kate Forsyth

Jo Walton | Frances Hardinge | Freda Warrington

Patricia McKillip | Robin Hobb | Susan Cooper

Ursula Le Guin | Catherynne Valente | Cherie Priest

Elizabeth Bear | Kim Harrison | Marianne de Pierres

11 comments:

  1. I loved The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland - I really need to carry on with that series. I want to start reading some Ursula le Guin at some point. Great list!

    Elen @ A World of Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your topic and answers. Many of these authors are on my TBR list, and this is one reason to get to them sooner. I do agree with the ones I've read, Atwood and Valente, but my list wouldn't even have begun without Rowling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I really want to read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland. I've heard so many wonderful things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, that Jo Walton book looks really pretty, I'll totally check that out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Juliet Marillier!! I hear nothing but great things about her work :)

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT LIST OF LADIES!!! And for listing them too. I've heard of quite of few, like the amazing Margaret Atwood, Juliet Marillier, Patricia A. McKillip, Robin Hobb and Catherynne M. Valente!
    For the ones I haven't heard of, I will be checking out!! If they are mentioned in a list with these other women, then I have got to check em out! so THANK YOU Fi! xoxo
    Come by and check out my Top Ten Freebie @ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the topic you've chosen! I really need to read some of these, they look great!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juliet Marillier! Did you know she has a new series coming out later this year? I'm so excited.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually haven't heard of these authors, but I do love finding writers who are just beautifully talented at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I checke A face like glass out on Goodreads and it sounds really compelling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am kicking myself for not reading Patricia McKillip yet! Her books always sounds so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design