Sunday 27 January 2013

Stacking The Shelves #1

So, this week we're switching things up a bit and joining in with Stacking The Shelves hosted by the lovely Tynga's Reviews. This is a continuation of last weeks IMM where I forgot to take pictures of more than half the books I've received over the last 3 months!


Drawing Down The Moon: The Art Of Charles Vess

Gossip From The Forest - Sara Maitland

Shades Of Earth - Beth Revis

The Hobbit - J R R Tolkien (a nice shiny new edition to replace my old one)

The Firebird - Susanna Kearsley

Enshadowed - Kelly Creagh

The Darkest Minds - Alexandra Bracken

The Brides Of Rollrock Island - Margo Lanagan

The Peculiars - Maureen Doyle McQuerry

The Unnaturalists - Tiffany Trent

Lovely, Dark And Deep - Amy McNamara


The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa

The Hedgewitch Queen - Lilith Saintcrow

The Queen Is Dead - Kate Locke

Etiquette & Espionage - Gail Carriger

The Land Of Decoration - Grace McCleen

The Dark Heroine - Abigail Gibbs

Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi

Throne Of Glass - Sarah J Maas

The Sorrows Of Young Werther - Goethe

The Black Spider - Jeremias Gotthelf

The Devil's Elixirs - E T A Hoffman

The Good Soldier - Ford Maddox Ford

The Haunted House - Charles Dickens

Last Day Of A Condemned Man - Victor Hugo

Peter Schlemihl - Adelbert Von Chamisso

A Strange Manuscript Found In a Copper Tube - James De Mille

The Monk And The Hangman's Daughter - Ambrose Bierce

Notes From Underground - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Yes, I bought a lot of books recently. No, this doesn't include the 60 or so library books I've had since October. No, I haven't read the majority of them yet even though I've had some since October... This is why I'm on a book diet! Having said that, yesterday I bought something I thought I never would. More on that in the next couple of days though, and I'm fully prepared for all the "You hypocrite!" comments.




4 comments:

  1. What a great collection of books. Personally, I have given up saying that I'll be going on a book diet or trying a book buying ban. I just can't resist adding new books to my stack. I enjoyed Throne of Glass, The Lost Prince, and The Darkest Minds but haven't read any of the rest on your stack. I am eager anticipating the arrival of Etiquette & Espionage though.

    You can check out my new book posts at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Stop by and see what I got. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy did you get a lot of books. I've given up on trying to do a book buying ban. You certainly will be busy with your pile for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many awesome books!!
    I spotted Under the Never Sky there.. One of my fav 2012 reads.
    Enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So many books! Hope you read fast!!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design